Wednesday, May 21, 2008

bittersweet

JaeJoong was getting dressed for his conference that evening.

ChangMin as usual was eating take out food in the kitchen with the manager.

Yunho sat on the sofa looking at pictures of his lovely JaeJoong. When his cellphone started to buzz. "What's up Siwon?" he answered.

"Yunho," Siwon's voice was serious. "Come to the station right now," he told.

"Why? What's wrong?" he asked.

"You have to see if for yourself," he said knowing that his friend wouldn't believe him if he just said it over the phone.

Yunho looked at his watch. He still had a good 4 hours before his flight with JaeJoong took off.

"Alright, I'll be in," he said.

Yunho went to JaeJoong's door and knocked.

"Come in," he answered.

Yunho opened the door and went in.

JaeJoong stood in a black fitted suit. He looked perfect. His hair was gelled and swept back. He looked like a someone who just stepped out of a celebrity magazine.

"Oh, Yunnie," he said.

"JaeJoong-ah, is it alright if I go to my station one last time?" Yunho asked.

"Of course, you probably want to go say bye to your friends," JaeJoong thought.

"Yeah," Yunho answered.

JaeJoong walked up to Yunho and brought his face up to Yunho. A little kiss on the lips.

"I would do more but I don't want to get all messed up and get dressed again," JaeJoong giggled.

"Well, you don't have to look this good for the conference," Yunho gave a naughtly smile, then he wrapped his left hand to JaeJoong's neck and gave him a longer kiss.

"Yah! You two!" ChangMin poked his head in. "Yuck!" was his next word. Then he shut his eyes, "30 minutes until conference!"

Yunho and JaeJoong gave a little laugh at the reaction from ChangMin.

JaeJoong, ChangMin, and the manager took the van and headed towards the hotel where JaeJoong was going to give his farewell speech.

Yunho took the taxi to the station.

"Yah! What did I have to see?" Yunho went up to his desk where Siwon and Kibum sat.

"Here," Siwon gave him the papers he was looking at.

"What is this?" Yunho started to examine the paper.

"You wanted us to find out who gave you the scholarship, right? Just look at who the checks belong to," Kibum answered.

"Kim YoungWoong," Yunho read.

"Guess who Kim YoungWoong is?" Kibum asked.

"Who?" Yunho still unable to make the connections.

"We got our friends in the license department to look it up, and here is what he found," Siwon handed him another set of papers.

Yunho's eyes popped, "JaeJoong," he said.

"Kim YoungWoong is the legal Korean name for Hero, and before he became Hero or YoungWoong, he was JaeJoong," Kibum explained.

"So, you're telling me that the person who gave me the scholarship is JaeJoong?" Yunho asked.

"We didn't want to jump to conclusions so we found the checks for all four semesters they were all made out by him," Siwon gave him a few more papers.

"We wanted to know what scholarship program it was, so we looked it up on the detabase, and found no scholarship in the year you applied for a scholarship with this name," Kibum explained.

"And here's another thing," Siwon spoke.

Yunho who was still in shock looked up to his friend.

"Yesterday, I ran into the secretary for the departmental chief," Siwon took a breath. "She asked me how your vacation was going? So, I asked what she meant?" Siwon explained.

Yunho could feel his own temperature rising. All this time he had thought all the lies were over. But he's finding out more stuff about JaeJoong.

"She said the manager for a famous celebrity had called in and asked for you specifically to babysit. So I asked her what the whole threatening letter thing was about. She told me there was never any letters," Siwon could see his friend's flushed face.

Yunho sat down in his chair. "What is this?" he asked himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JaeJoong, ChangMin, and his manager arrived at the airport and was now sitting in the VIP room waiting for Yunho.

"I can't get ahold of him!" JaeJoong had tried more than 20 times. "Maybe something happened?" he asked.

"Should I call the hospitals?" the manager asked.

"I say you call his staton, that's where he went, right?" ChangMin suggested.

JaeJoong quickly called informations and asked to be transferred to the police station.

"Hello, I'm looking for detective Jung Yunho," he spoke.

The person who answered the phone told him to hold on while she transferred the phone call to his department.

"I'm looking for detective Jung Yunho," he said again.

"This used to be detective Jung's desk," the voice came across.

"What do you mean?" JaeJoong asked.

"He just transferred to another station," the voice answered.

"What? When did he transfer?" JaeJoong was now sitting on the sofa next to ChangMin.

"Just a few hours ago, I think the last boxes of paperwork from his desk just left 45 minutes ago," he answered.

"Do you know where he transferred to?" JaeJoong ask.

"I do not, I'm sorry. Would you like me to send you down to the operator?" he asked.

"No, that's fine," JaeJoong thanked the man and hung up.

"What is it?" the manager asked.

"He'll come," JaeJoong forced a smile.

"I heard something about being transferred?" ChangMin asked.

"It was probably why he had to go to the station quick. I'm sure he's on his way," JaeJoong forced his tears away.

"JaeJoong, maybe you shouldn't leave yet," the manager spoke.

"It's alright, the flight takes off in 20 minutes, I should get on the plane. He'll be coming too, don't worry. I gave him his tickets already," JaeJoong smiled.

"Are you sure?" ChangMin asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. He'll come," JaeJoong nodded.

JaeJoong gave his manager and ChangMin each a hug then waved goodbye and walked to his terminal.

"Do you think he'll come?" the manager asked.

"Even I don't know the answer to this one," ChangMin said looking after his friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Surprise!!!!" YooChun took his hands off JunSu's eyes.

"WOW!" JunSu exclaimed. "This is beautiful!"

The little kitchen table in JunSu's condo was filled with red and white rose petals. Little candles all over the table and th kitchen floor. And on the table two sets of plates with grilled vegetables and grilled steak.

"I have something to ask you," YooChun got on his knees.

"What are you doing?" JunSu asked.

"I want to tell you that these past few days have been the best days of my life," YooChun started as tears formed in his eyes.

"YooChun-ah," JunSu said as he started to tear up too.

"I didn't know what my feelings for you were before I met you again. But after these few days, I now that I can't live without you," YooChun's tears ran down his cheek. "And I want to ask you to be mine and only mine. You will be the only person in my heart if you are willing to take me and let only me be in your heart," YooChun looked up waiting for an answer.

"YooChun-ah!" JunSu wiped his own tears. "You have been the only person in my heart, and you'll be the only person in my heart for the rest of my life," JunSu told him.

YooChun got up and the two hugged. Followed by a slow passionate kiss.

"I know we'll fight about this and that, but promise me that no matter what, we won't ever seperate," YooChun asked.

"I promise, I won't ever leave you," JunSu pulled his lover into a kiss again.

------------------------------------------------------------------
okay time for work! i'll write the last few chapters at work!

No comments: