Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the death of hero

"Yunnie, where are you?" JaeJoong wondered as he sat by the group of friends who had passed out on the floor. It was only a couple of hours before sunrise and JaeJoong was starting to get worried. "Maybe he got in trouble at work? Maybe he got in an accident? Maybe ... maybe he decided to leave me?" JaeJoong was going crazy. "I can't sit around here and do nothing, I have to go out looking for him!" he told himself. Quickly he got up and out of the room.

"Yah! Where are you going?" ChangMin lifted up his head.

"I'll be back for you later, I gotta run!" JaeJoong ran off.

"Yah!" ChangMin called but JaeJoong slammed the door shut. "Idiot, always running like that," he went back to sleep.

He dialed his manager's phone number, no one picked up. He ran out of the apartment building to the streets. No one was around. Most of the time the fans would be packed across the street waiting for a singer to come out, but at this hour they all had left. JaeJoong looked left then right. For some reason his feet just took him to the left. He ran and ran. Not even thinking about where he was going.

After about 20 minutes he came to a stop. He was at the park. The park he had met his Yunnie. He had just gone there thinking that his Yunnie was waiting for him there. It was as if he was back to being that little kid that got lost and ended up sleeping under a bridge. He hadn't been there in many years, but the park still looked the same. His feet automatically started to speed up again, they took him deep into the woods. Deep into the park. Where the water fountain stood. JaeJoong started to tear up. His Yunnie would be waiting for him here everyday back then. "Where are you, Yunnie?" he sat down in the spot his little Yunnie would sit. He pulled his knees up and buried his face into it. Letting out a soft cry. Tears staining his jeans.

"I knew you'd come for me," a voice was heard.

JaeJoong pulled his head up and looked up, right in front of him was his Yunnie! "Yunnie!" he called.

"I waited for you," Yunho smiled.

"You waited here?" JaeJoong asked.

"I told you, I'd wait for you here until you came," Yunho spoke.

JaeJoong jumped up and ran towards his Yunnie. Yunho only opened up his arms and took his sweet JaeJoong in.

"What took you so long?" Yunho asked the body in his arms.

"I'm sorry," JaeJoong said. "I got alittle side tracked," he explained. "They found out I ran away from home and they took me back home to my parents, then when I realized I haven't told you yet, I ran over here. I was too late and you and your mom was leaving. I chased after the car but I was too slow," JaeJoong was crying hysterically now.

"So, you never came back here after that?" Yunho asked.

"I was in Gongju for 3 weeks because my parents decided to move to Seoul too. My mom wouldn't let me come alone. When I came back, the first thing I did was run over here. But I was too late," JaeJoong still crying in his Yunnie's arms.

"Did you come wait for me all the time?" Yunho who was also in tears now asked.

"I was here everyday for 2 years. But I figured you were angry with me, so I thought the only way to see you again was to find you myself," JaeJoong started to soften his cries.

"So, how'd you finally find me?" Yunho also trying to keep his emotions down.

"First I worked hard and debuted as a singer, after I made money I hired two PIs(private investigators). They didn't find you until 6 months later," JaeJoong explained.

Yunho was touched. Just to find him his JaeJoong did everything. He gave his JaeJoong another hug.

"Finally when I was told of where you are, I came to see you. That day when you were working. Shoveling snow, I went to see you. But before I could get to you, I slipped and you came to help me," he reminded his Yunnie.

"Ahhh, that was you? No wonder you didn't take off your hat or sunglasses!" Yunho said. "I knew there was something weird about you," he added.

"I'm sorry, I was going to tell you. But my manager called and said that if I acknowledge what you were to me, then my family, the company, and everyone else around me would feel the effect. I didn't want to hurt them, but it ended up that I hurted you instead," JaeJoong started to cry again.

"Did you come see me everyday?" Yunho asked, as he wiped the tears off his face. Just thinking about how close he and his JaeJoong was to being reunited at that time scared him. If he had found out at that time, he would of had probably told JaeJoong to get lost.

"I did come see you everyday, until I was asked to go to Japan. I was going to go crazy with you in front of me, but I couldn't tell you who I was. So with hopes that after I repay everyone else, I could come back and be by yourself. Or at least hope to be by your side," he looked up at his Yunnie with tears running down his face.

"Are you done repaying everyone now?" Yunho asked.

"I don't know," he shook his head. "But I'm done living the life of 'Hero'. I want to live as 'JaeJoong' now," he said and buried his face into Yunho's arms.

"You promise that you're 'JaeJoong' now?" Yunho asked as he tightly hugged his JaeJoong.

JaeJoong nodded in his Yunnie's arms. No verbal answers were needed. They stayed like that for some time before sitting down onto the grass.

"Yunnie-ah," JaeJoong said as he laid in his lover's arm looking up at the moon.

"Yeah," Yunho answered looking up at the moon also.

"When did you know I was 'JaeJoong'?" he asked.

"I had a hunch since the airport. When you came close to me, my heart started to beat as if it was going to break out of my chest. At first I thought I was crazy, but when we got to Gongju," he looked down to his JaeJoong. "I started to think about the little boy who loved kimchi and rice. I was only certain that day we went shopping and we came back to your house. You excused yourself to go shower and I went looking in the storage closet for something to carry groceries in. And I found the box with your photos in them," he explained.

"Yah, you already knew at that time?" he sat up and turning to his Yunnie who was still on the grass. "Yah, why didn't you tell me? You made me go crazy!" he said.

"That was the whole plan!" Yunho sat up and pulled his JaeJoong into his arms. "I wanted you to feel how it felt to be lied to and played with," he explained.

"I was going crazy for real. Thinking you had fallen in love with 'Hero'!" JaeJoong hit Yunho on the chest lightly.

"Yah, that's not even half of what you put me thru," Yunho argued.

"I'm sorry," JaeJoong said again.

"I know. I know," Yunho and JaeJoong held each other like that until sunrise.

And from that moment on, between Yunho and JaeJoong, 'Hero' died.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a good read! I'll be back with another chapter! ^^

No comments: