Saturday, May 17, 2008

lost again

"Yunnie! Yunnie-ah!" a voice came from the bridge.

"Over here!" Yunho shouted back then turned back to JaeJoong, "I've got to go now, but I'll come back tomorrow. Will you be here?" Yunho asked the boy who was still in shock.

"Huh? I ... don't know if I'll be here," JaeJoong replied.

"Now I understand what my girlfriends were trying to say about boys," Yunho sneered at JaeJoong.

"What did they say?" JaeJoong asked curiously.

"They said after a boy takes away your virginity they'll never see you again," Yunho explained and got up from the bench.

"Huh? I took away your virginity?" JaeJoong's eyes almost fell out.

"I don't know! You're the guy in this relationship so you tell me!" Yunho rolled his eyes.

"Relationship?" JaeJoong's jaw dropped.

"Yah! I don't know everything, okay? My girlfriends said they're waiting for me to kiss one of them cause the one I kiss will be the girl I'm in a relationship with. But you're the one that kissed me, so I guess we're in a relationship," Yunho explained while twirling a piece of his hair with a finger.

JaeJoong sat clueless, not knowing how to respond.

"Yah! What do you like to eat?" Yunho asked.

"Why?" JaeJoong asked.

"Since we're in a relationship, I'll bring you food that you like. See my mom is a nurse and she volunteers to come help the people here, I can come along with her everyday if I wanted to," Yunho explained. "So what do you like to eat?"

"Kimchi and rice," JaeJoong answered.

"Kimchi and rice? You're weird," Yunho said and ran off.

JaeJoong sat at the bench still confused by the whole conversation. "Are they all this weird?" he thought to himself.

JaeJoong made his way back to the train station after finishing up his sandwich. He was walking to the same bench by the cargo when two men dressed in orange uniforms came out of the station. JaeJoong ran to them.

"Mister! Mister! Excuse me!" he called.

"What is it?" one of the man answered.

"When are you guys going back to Gongju?" JaeJoong asked.

The two men looked at each other kind of confused. "Why do you ask kid?" one of them asked.

"I was accidentally brought here in that cargo from Gongju," JaeJoong pointed to the cargo.

"You were in there?" one of the man asked.

"Yes sir, I was in there and accidentally fell asleep and when I woke up I was here," JaeJoong explained again.

The two men looked at each other. One of the man walked to the other side of JaeJoong. "So you're the one that broke the stuff in the box!" the man in front of him shouted.

JaeJoong sensed that something was wrong and backed up but bumped into the other man. The man grabbed him and carried him up into the air.

"HELP!" JaeJoong shouted.

"You have to come with us and pay for those stuff!" one of the man demanded.

"Let me go!" JaeJoong shouted. He wriggled and wriggled until the man dropped him. As soon as his feet hit the ground he took off. His feet knew it had to escape these two men. He dashed onto the road he came up from. The two men followed him.

"Yah! Stop!" the men called after him.

JaeJoong didn't look back and just kept running. He ran for what seemed like hours. As soon as he got into an alley he hid behind a trash bin. His heart pounding as if it was about to jump out of his chest and land on the wet cement floor. He felt a sharp pain in his throat. His hands were trembling. He closed his eyes and calmed himself. After about half and hour he got up and checked out the alley. No one was around. He slowly walked back to the street. He didn't know which way he came from. Left or right? He had been running without knowing the streets and now he was lost in the midst of all the tall buildings.

"What should I do?" he asked himself. He looked left then right. He just started to walk. He had to find his way back to the park. He went right and made sure to keep an eye out for signs so he could come back to the alley if he got lost.

He had walked for a good hour and he still couldn't find his way back to the park. He finally stopped. "I should go back to the alley and go left" he thought. He turned around quickly but out of nowhere he hit a wall and fell backwards.

"Yah!" a boy yelled.

JaeJoong looked up and saw a boy twice his size.

"Look where you're going!" the boy shouted.

"You're the one that ran into me!" JaeJoong looked up. He wanted to get up but his leg was in pain. He wasn't sure if it's from falling over or from walking.

"I did?" the voice was much quieter this time.

"Yah! You're the one that ran into me. That is why I'm down here and you're still standing!" JaeJoong was getting frustrated.

"Sorry," the boy responded. "Here, let me help you up," he offered JaeJoong a hand.

JaeJoong took hold of the hand and pulled himself up.

"My name is Shin DongHee," he introduced.

No comments: